Good morning all! So, this morning I woke up very very early which happens sometimes when Jade comes to bed very late. Often times I can fall back asleep but sometimes my mind gets going and it just won’t stop. Because I’ve been feeling a bit of a lull lately and was feeling like I couldn’t think still, I decided to get up. I’m really glad I did that.
I reviewed my goals for 2018 and thought to myself how spread thin I am. I wish I could just focus on one thing. Lately I’ve been seeing memes about dedicating yourself to one thing and the rest will follow. But I just thought about how I have many loves and I’d miss a lot of things if I didn’t pursue them as well. I felt great in my areas but stagnant in that greatness. I want excellence and growth.
So, taking a real look at myself, I accepted I had never been willing to do the work it takes to focus intensely on this many things, so ya, my hard work was dispersed. So, I am taking on 3 weeks of really trying this out. I have scheduled out 8 hour days for myself, not including whatever comes my way.
After the 3 weeks I will be able to take a real look at myself and see whether or not this is something I can and want to keep up. I will be also to see what I wanted to take a front seat and back seat at times. Today is Day 1, scheduled and completely mapped out and I’m ready!
For those curious, here is my 16 categories:
1. social support (considering starting a freestyle or choreo crew)
2. closer to God (wanting to do more bible studies)
3. finances (considering investing)
4. freestyle expression (started studying 2 new styles this year)
5. art projects (working on a film this year)
7. family (not a goal, but I want to take a trip w them this year)
8. diggs deeper (I want to throw the Training session weekend, our anniversary, a choreo competition, our mentorship program and a party this year)
9. fitness (want to build 10 lbs of muscle)
10. vlogs (want to start doing vlogs on the dance scene, mental development, fitness, dance, so on)
11. mental growth (want to take some developmental courses this year)
12. style (updating my look and closet, as well as need to do more photo shoots this year)
13. physical health (daily stretch and full body healing)
14. organization (I really struggle staying on task when I travel)
15. mentorship (i’m mentoring 4 people right now)
16. self love / project (doing 100 days of self love emails and blogs, I’m on day 69 today.)
Wish me luck!
Thanks for being on the other side –